- Disable Win7 64 bit driver verification.
- Start – cmd (CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER for admin priv command prompt)
- ENTER: bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS_
- ENTER: bcdedit -set testsigning on
- Both commands should complete successfully. Close CMD window.
- Next steps will install certificate from repairtool.zip Continue reading “Dell Streak + Win7 Fastboot Drivers”
Remote support for Windows, Mac, and Linux!
Theming Froyo Dialer
- CHANGE android:background=”#ff313131″ like:
- LinearLayout android:orientation=”vertical” android:id=”@id/top” android:background=”@drawable/custom_dialer_background” android:layout_width=”fill_parent” android:layout_height=”fill_parent”
- item quantity=”other”> %1$1$d contacts, %2$2$d with phones
- <public type=”drawable” name=”voicedialer_pressed” id=”0x7f0200ce” />
- <public type=”drawable” name=”custom_dialer_background” id=”0x7f0200cf” />
- <style name=”DialtactsTheme” parent=”@android:style/Theme.Wallpaper”>
- <item name=”android:windowBackground”>@drawable/custom_dialer_background</item>
Once I you get that to compile, follow: [GUIDE]How to Theme Stock Dialer
archive: FROYO framework-res notes…
HDPI 55×55: res/drawable-hdpi/ic_settings_*.png
(MDPI 48×48: res/drawable-mpdi/ic_settings_*.png
HDPI: 72×72: res/drawable-hdpi/ic_menu_*.png
MDPI: 48×48: res/drawable-mdpi/ic_menu_*.png
Unpack any boot animation to cannibalize and batch rename PNG to status_bar_pulldown0001.png
resize 480 x 746 px and change format to PNG. Make sure to use GIMP and compress the hell out of it.
Continue reading “status_bar_pulldown0001.png”
- Full transparency
- Tesseract animated notification shade (status bar background)
- Lockscreen themed blue with XenoCianoGen icons
- Rudolf window animations
- YinYang loading circle – blue
- G14 Steel Blue status bar icons
- B4 Carbon Emoticons
- White notification shade text (improve visibility)
Google +1 Webmaster Dev Page
Certain code snippets need changed slightly to add to a wordpress site.
Edit theme footer.php and insert the following just before the closing body tag:
This calls the Google Analytics tracker into play. Now open your theme Single Post single.php and add the following snippet:
size can equal small, medium, tall or leave out all together for standard
count equals true shows the number of +1 votes, equals false hides that from your page
callback adds site tracking analytic data for Google +1 clicks that can be viewed in Google Analytics.
There are steps to increase your ROOTED Android phone’s 3G performance on the AT&T network if you are using a stock ROM. Using the Dell Streak running SimpleStreak 1.2 as an example, I was consistently pulling ~800kbps from various Ookla servers. My buddy’s iPhone 4 would hit 2.5MB sitting right next to me running the test simultaneously. The issue does not manifest when using a custom ROM such as CyanogenMod on the Nexus One or StreakDroid on the Dell Streak. That is because they have already added the modifications to the build.prop to specify the category settings of the radio interface layer (ro.ril).
The radio interface layer is controlled by ro.ril commands in the build.prop file (2.2.2 Froyo) and indicates the class category of the target network. Android is available on every network throughout the world, so some testing has been done to ensure the best performance on the AT&T 3G network using the Dell Streak. Please note, these settings may work on other phones. In fact, many of these settings were gleemed from Amon_RA’s testing with the Nexus One. Continue reading “How to Increase AT&T 3G Speed on Android”
Recently, several malware apps have been discovered in the Android Marketplace. Tech headlines are brimming with descriptions of malware called DroidDream, DroidKungFu, Plankton, & YZHCSMS. Well, at least you would think that tech headlines would be all over this subject. According to Google, just one of these password stealing programs, Plankton, was downloaded over 210,000 times. These malicious programs are capable of stealing personal information, passwords, contacts, emails, browser history, device ids, sending SMS text messages (at a premium cost to you), discretely calling expensive premium numbers, and more; all the while hiding themselves from you, the user. These apps are piggybacked onto legitimate looking apps (Angry Birds Rio Unlock anyone?) that you can download from Google’s official Android Marketplace. Remember the old adage, if it looks too good to be true/free, it is. Be very wary of installing apps from unknown sources / unknown official market developers.
What does this mean for the average ‘Droid’ user? Continue reading “Android Malware – How to Protect Your Droid”
I came across the Google Guide Advanced Operators Reference today and it reminded me just how powerful Google searching can be. Here is a quick rundown of how to use a few of the more useful operators.
Did you know Google can quickly give you the five day forecast by simply typing in “Weather”? It pulls geographic location data from your ISP IP address, so it may show the wrong city (in my case, it pulls up Indianapolis and not Bloomington). That’s ok, just type in “weather in bloomington in”. That was easy. Google figured out what I needed by the “o” in Bloomington 😉
Other search operations to try (these should be fairly self explanatory):
- weather or weather in london
- time or time in Sydney
- movies or showtimes in Indianapolis
- flights or flights from New York
- define:americana or what is americana